Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cumpleanos de Uno

(I always pretend I can speak Spanish when I write my brother, and seeing as how I just did so, I guess my title is a result of that...)

Navi's First Birthday Party!

I also just spent 3+ hours on homework, so my brain and it's ability to string words together are quite frankly, FRIED. Therefore, enjoy a few-words-as-possible post. I know there is an outrageous amount of pictures, but it's Navi's party and she can cry if she wants to...ha. Or some other reasonable excuse like that...

This was taken on Navi's actual-factual birthday, April 14. Since it was in the middle of the week, we didn't celebrate with the grand party until later that weekend. P.S. it was at least 9:00 pm, so that is why I have no makeup and look scary.


The day we celebrated her birthday was on Sunday the 18, and so right before the party we headed out to good old Clarkston to put some flowers on my mom's grave because Saturday the 17, marked four years since she's been gone. (The sun was shining in our eyes, so that's why Navi's always looking away)




It wouldn't be a normal day at the Clarkston cemetary if it wasn't windy.


I just think this one is cute. Like she's reading it or something.


And of course we had to get a picture by my Grandpa's headstone too. Navi would have been his first great-grandchild.


To say the least, she got extremely spoiled. Some of her haul included:
-a big girl carseat and clothes from Grandpa Scott (clothes picked out by Mom) :)
- Very cute clothes and a Little People farm from G&G Buttars
- a play phone and stacking buckets from Susan...my Dad's gf (haha weird to say, and even more weird to type)
- a baby stroller for her dolls from her Godfrey cousins (not to be confused with MY Godfrey cousins, small world - my mom was a Godfrey and then I married Nate and his sister married a Godfrey. Yes, we are related.)
- clothes (and a new house) from Mom and Dad ;)


She pushes this thing around all day. Her new thing to do with her babies is give them "loves" - or when she puts them up to her shoulder (like she's burping them) and says "ahhh" and pats their backs. She still gives kisses to everything too. (thing being the keyword, not limited to people....dolls, books, movies, you name it)



My sister Bekka discovered she has sweet cake decorating skills and built this for Navi. (Napolean pun alert) I told her that she's pretty much the best cake builder I know and that she is hired for every one of my kids' birthdays.


If you can't tell, Navi loves Dora the Explorer and Boots the Monkey. She got to destroy this cake as you will see later...

She loves attention, but I think even she was a little bit concerened as to why we were all circled around her staring and smiling.

It took a little convincing that it was actually ok to make a mess, then she was all for it!


SUCCESS! She loved it and we love her!
Happy Birthday Navi Baby!

5 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

Oh how cute! I can't even believe she is 1 already! Really? Crazy!

Hey remember the other day when you sent me that awesome text but I was at the movie and felt it rude to those around me to respond. So I thought, "I will reply later." And then it was 2 days later and I was like,"oh yeah, i should text back to Laci." And now its like 4 days later....

I have a really good memory. but hey, I loved the text. feel free to send more and I might even respond:)

Andy and Mallory: said...

Looks like a rockin' party! She is so cute. I LOVE the pigtails. You need to let her come play at my house while you are doing school things k?!

Traci said...

Oh wow, what a little cutie pie! 1 already, so crazy! Looks like she had a great birthday and really enjoyed her cake, cute :) Also I am impressed with Bekka's cake making skills, very good!
I didn't know you were doing summer school too..... no fun, but good for you! Again we miss you guys, I think you would have enjoyed this year much better than last, there's a fun group of people, and I'm becoming a regular coke drinker... what the crap!?

Cade + Tosha said...

such a cutie! sweet cakes btw, your sis really does have some skills! as always navi was dressed up so cute!

Kaylee said...

I didn't even notice until rereading this that Navi's got little piggy tails!! :) How cute!