Monday, June 7, 2010

{Insert Creative Title Here}

Summer? Is this summer? So far, crazy schedules in our little Buttars family haven't allowed much time for summer. Well ok, or the weather either. Maybe it will get warm in July...
The other day, I was struck by the thought that if we were out doing the summer sales stuff, we would have already be gone a whole month + some. That is how fast May went, and then to think it will be the MIDDLE of June next week....I'm baffled.

It all started with our move. We officially got our keys during the last week of April. So amidst finals, we began our 27th move. Or so it felt. But seriously, I lost count at five or six moves.

Painting was my first priority. For one, because I was so excited to finally be able to do it (!) pick our own colors, etc. and two, because I knew that if we didn't paint before we moved one box in, we'd just get used to it, and it wouldn't seem like a big deal. So paint we did! I would try and get as much done during the days while Nate was at work. Navi would either nap (in a well-ventelated room upstairs) or she would be rescued by one of my sisters or my very helpful sis-in-law. Then when Nate got done around 9 pm, we'd take Navi back to his parents' house (where we were still living) and put her down for the night. They would take her baby monitor and listen for her while we went back and painted until at least 1 or 2 in the morning. This fun process went on for about a week. Keep in mind, that when we bought our place, the kitchen was a deep red color, and I wanted it to be a light tan. Just 3 or 4 coats, around all the cabinents, no big deal.

But hey, as much as it might sound like I'm complaining, I'm not! It has been so awesome to have our own place. And it wouldn't have been possible without EXTREME amounts of help from my dad and other willing parties.
Speaking of dads, both of our dads have been troopers in the moving department. When I say five or six (or more) moves, both have them have been right there (mostly) willing :) to help each time. Not to mention all of our friends! We have worn out everyone of Nate's friends with every move we've made. I know that whenever they hear we're packing boxes; they probably cringe and want to disconnect their phones. But we are so appreciative of all their help and I personally sign Nate up for any upcoming moves on their behalves. I'll even help too!

So after a month and a half, we're finally feeling a bit settled, and although I'm still holding Nate to one last bathroom to paint, our house is beginning to feel like home. Navi has made the adjustment like a champ. Her sleeping schedule has even gotten better if that's possible. {knock on wood} She will go down around 9:30 or 10:00, sleep until 6:00 or 7:00 ish, take a bottle, and go back to sleep until 9:00 and sometimes even 10! The other day I let her stay in her crib until she was absolutely crying (not just the whiny babbles) and before she ever cried too hard, she fell back alseep until 11!! Love that girl. Now, that's not by any means an everyday occurance, but let's just say she appreciates a good "morning sleep-in" like her parents. :)

In other less exciting parts of life, I un-luckily ended up taking 11 credits this summer. I foolishly thought I was going to get away with 3....HA. Mostly because I had precious grant money and and didn't want it to go to waste! And well, it is enabling me to FINALLY get into the Elementary Ed program this fall (just one more group interview until I'll know for sure) and then it's 3 semesters in the program, and possibly one semester of a few random classes I need for graduation. That sounds like forever, but seeing as how time is flying by, I'm hoping these semesters will as well. Now if only I would have been doing this 3 majors ago...

Nate is also taking a few summer classes. (How old are we again? Does this ever end?) And if all goes well, he'll be getting into the MBA program this fall. The only catch will be his work schedule compared to the strict class schedule the MBA students have to be in. It's looking like he'll take the "night and weekend" route, but only time will tell. I'm so proud of him and his motivation to keep going. His goals always take our family into account, and what will benefit us most.

I'm still holding out for our schedule to normalize. I've been a slacker on a lot of things lately, including my Zumba schedule. (I'm sorry Alisha!) It's just been very hard to juggle with the move, Nate's switch in work schedule, and that we're still balancing on one car...someday I will feel normal again!

Anyways, we're still waiting on internet companies to quit standing us up for installation, and when I finally have wireless at home, I'll have more time to upload pics of the new place!

Until then...

8 comments:

Kimi said...

So glad you are finally all moved in. I bet that is a huge relief. And I can't wait to see pics! Wait... I can't wait to SEE IT since I will be coming home in ONE WEEK!!! I am so excited! And to answer your question I come home June 15th, so yes, exactly a week. Lame that you have something going on all that week, we'll have to do dinner or something because that whole next week we will be in Bear Lake. How about you just call me... I've tried many times to get a hold of you. You must be BUSY because I can never catch you and you have yet to return my call. :) CALL ME. bye.

The Smiths said...

Yeah, I am dying to see pictures of the new place!!! Hurry with the wireless.

John and Anna said...

Congrats you guys. Reading your blog I realize how bad of friends we've been. We would have been more than willing to help with your move. We didn't even know you were moving! Also, I'm so impressed with your strength to finish school! I don't think I would have done it. I'm just too lazy! Both you and Nate are amazing! Let's get together soon!

Traci said...

Wow, that made me tired just reading it! You guys have been busy! But a fun busy, so that's good. How exciting again for your new place, I'm excited to see it, as in inviting myself over when we get home :) oh and of course the pics that you're going to post....
Way to go for both of you doing summer school.... how sucky, but nice to see an end in sight!
I was just thinking the other day that Cade will be home soon! Holy Cow! That was the fastest mission EVER! Wow! (hmmm do you think I could possibly use any more exclamation marks?)
Anyway good to hear an update of you guys, I can't stop writing unless I say we miss you, so there it is. Until then.... :)
Oh yes, good for you on training little Navi girl on how to sleep! Ha, I'm so so jealous.

Bekka Wallentine said...

at the first when you said...i was struck by a thought. I thought you were going to say the other day, i was struck by lightning. haha i don't know why i think this is so funny, maybe because it would have sounded so casual haha

mare said...

lace, i'm so excited for you to be in your own place! so fun. can't wait for pictures!!

Andy and Mallory: said...

I'm glad you guys are hanging in there and I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get called to help you move. I'm really serious about you bringing Navi over when you're busy with school. Alli gets sick of me and she would love to have someone else over. We need to come see your new place.

Eileen said...

Thanks for the blog love. Mal said she would post the family pic of you guys. Let's hold her to it. Navi might be in kindergarten by then...........