Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet

"We thank thee, O God, for a Prophet, to guide us in these latter-days. We thank thee for sending the gospel, to lighten our minds with it's rays. We thank thee for every blessing, bestowed by thy bounteous hand. We feel it a pleasure to serve thee and love to obey thy command." ("We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" - first verse)

I don't think I can express in words how thankful I am for President Hinckley, but I am so grateful for his life and his example. One of my first thoughts after learning about his passing was what a great day in heaven it must have been. I can only imagine the happy reunion that took place on the other side of the veil!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I love this picture! Thankyou for sharing!

mare said...

I agree lace. what a truly wonderful man. we'll miss him so much.

shron said...

hi laci! i love the picture of President Hinckley in the hat. it is so classic. love the music on your blog too, especially elvis and johnny cash!

shron