Saturday, May 9, 2009

God Bless Texas

HOWDY YA'LL !!

My friend Dani asked if everything really is bigger in Texas...
So far I've only made it to Walmart, and wasn't too impressed, but I'll keep looking.

Anyways, we're finally here in the great state of Texas! What a whirlwind the last week has been. Here's a quick recap:

May 2 - Nate Graduated (!!)


May 3 -We blessed Navi


Nate gave a very special blessing and so many of our family and friends were there to support us. The day was definitely a good one.


May 4 - We left for TEXAS


The GPS told us the quickest route was through Wyoming, down to Colorado, half way through Kansas, and then cut down through Oklahoma.
But seeing as how the first year we left, we had a flat tire in Wyoming and last year the freeway was closed off due to a massive blizzard...we decided avoiding the boring place all together wouldn't be such a bad idea. SO, we opted to drive an extra couple hours down to Moab and over through Grand Junction, CO, then down through New Mexico. I was a little excited because I'd never been to New Mexico. (It would be something new) However, I was greatly disapointed and will just say there is a reason they call it New MEXICO.

I wasn't able to snap as many road trip photos as I would have liked (all the "welcome to" state signs) but that was partly due to my back seat location with Navi and mounds of baby stuff. Also because when I asked Nate to warn me when we were getting close to the Texas line, he replied with, "Uh, I'm pretty sure we already passed it." Gee thanks.

Navi was a super traveler. (No blow-outs and only 1 throwing up dilemma) She slept the majority of the trip; just waking to eat, change diaper, etc. Although, by the last 3 or 4 hours she really let us know she had had ENOUGH of her car seat. Who could blame her? I can't complain, this was my view the whole ride:


And lastly - I just wanted to throw in this stinking cute picture with cousin Brex. He wanted to hold Navi one last time before we left. I can't believe how big he getting! His 6th birthday is next week!! When I first started dating Nate, Brex was only 2 years old but carried on full conversations. (He was born a week after Nate had left for his mission so they didn't "meet" until Nate got home)


My favorite memory of Brexton is the very first time I went to his house with Nate. I don't think I had even officially met Nate's sister or brother-in-law, and much to my surprise Brex swings open the door to say, "What's up Nate? Where's Kristen?"
FYI - Kristen was Nate's girlfriend before and during the mission. I think Brex's mom was a little embarassed but I laughed so hard!

Too bad I'm a slacker and didn't get more pictures with all the other cousins and family members. Navi will have changed so much when we get back.

Nate's back in the selling mode and already has one so far. He had to use our car the past couple days so Navi and I have just been hanging out in the nice air conditioned apartment. (our car thermometer thing read 90 degrees the other day) Grandma Marianne is coming to visit in a week and we've already got the mall scoped out...

At the moment I can't think of a cheesy Texan salutation, but
ya'll come back real soon, ya hear?
HA. This might be a long summer...

10 comments:

Bekka Wallentine said...

Well it's about time! i've been waiting ALL week for new pictures of little Navi! Keep those pictures coming!

Joel and Sara said...

Yup. It is hot. So Grapevine huh? Why Grapevine? Do you have a pool? That's all I did every summer growing up is going swimming and boating.

Kaylee said...

Happy Mommy's Day, new mommy!

Dave and Alisha said...

Im with your sis I have been checkin in on you everyday and FInAlly a new post!! ha im kidding I know you have been busy. it sounds like your doing good so far we already miss you guys. but well keep posted this way.

Andy and Mallory: said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely! I can't believe how different Navi looks already!! Have a great summer and keep posting.

Traci said...

Crazy how much can happen in such a short time....

Ha, and it's funny how I'm sitting here reading this and you're right across the hall! I'll call you in bit :)
PS: I'm pretty much already done unpacking and cleaning up..,, Rem's not going to be home for another 8 hours!

Dani said...

I made the blog :)
Dani

Chase and Nahomi said...

navi looks so big in that pic of her in her car seat! she is a cutie, it's good to hear that everything went well and your safe and sound in good ole' texas!

Hayley said...

I am dying laughing at Brex saying that, I'm fairly certain I haven't heard that story!

Anonymous said...

You guys have been busy busy. Glad to hear the move went well for you. Your little girl is so adorable.