Monday, July 28, 2008

Colonial Williamsburg

It's taken me a bit to get these up, but here are a few pictures of our day in Williamsburg. We drove up with Rem, Traci, and Sawyer and had lots of fun even though the weather was peaking into the 100's. The city is all historically preserved and the people are dressed up in colonial attire. We didn't want to pay to go in some of the homes...but we still had lots of fun just walking down the streets and peeking in where we could.
On the way home we had a Jelly Belly competition to see who could eat the grossest flavors. Someone would eat a bean without looking what it was, and then we'd laugh as they were forced to swallow or spit out jelly beans that tasted like vomit, rotten egg, moldy cheese, booger, pencil shavings, and skunk spray! If you've seen Traci's blog, these pictures will look very familiar!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I played the jelly belly game at girls camp one year, have you ever tried Rotten Egg!?? :) :)

laci said...

Oh yeah! We had that one too...how could I forget, I ate it! YUCK.

Chase and Nahomi said...

oh it looks like you guys are having so much fun! and you look super cute! if nate goes out and sells next summer tell him to talk chase into going along... we could use the moola and some time away from the valley if you know what i mean!

Kaylee said...

Oh, I love Williamsburg!! I think we talked about this at camp, haha. I love the candy store and everything there. It's awesome. :) I went there during December so the entire town was decked out in Christmas decore. Oh, it was awesome. :)

The Buttars Family said...

Fun, fun...what a pretty place.
Yuck, yuck...what a gross game!!! Don't count on us ever playing the Jelly Belly game with you!
I enjoyed your pics...I miss the trees of the east...that one pic of the street reminds me of back home.

Hayley said...

I've heard it is beautiful there. My cousin used to live close by and she loved it. You look awfully cute too btw.

Happy B-day soon too! I hope you get spoiled. People who have their b-day then are soooo cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun times! I love your blog makeover, I'm thinking mine will want one soon too.... :) or maybe I could just learn how, ha.
It's sad our time here is almost gone, I'm going to miss the trees and rain and group car rides to walmart. Until next year!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun times! I love your blog makeover, I'm thinking mine will want one soon too.... :) or maybe I could just learn how, ha.
It's sad our time here is almost gone, I'm going to miss the trees and rain and group car rides to walmart. Until next year!

Lauri said...

I am so jealous of your work/vacations! I so would love to go there. I do also have to say what fun personalities you two have. I LOVE your sunglasses as well. I am glad you are having fun.

Kimi said...

Cute blog layout! You're little miss creative... but you've always been that way, and I've always wished I was more that way! I can't believe you actually played that jelly belly game. We had some of those at work and I don't think someone could have payed me enough to try one. You're crazy! Oh and I enjoyed our convo today, I think you're about the only one I can talk to on the phone for that long!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laci, looks like you guys are having a GREAT time. What a GREAT experience. I also wanted to comment on your BLOG, so freakin CUTE! Take Care!