Monday, June 9, 2008

Why Nate is Great: Part Deux-

*For the original "Why Nate is Great" post click here:* http://lacibuttars.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

During the summer my day begins after a good amount of sleeping in. I daresay if there were a competition of staying up far too late, and sleeping in way too long, I would take the prize. A sad confession, I realize. (my only justification is that it's summer and I'm more productive during the school year) After a long snooze I rouse to make Nate's sack lunch before he heads off to his daily work meeting and then continues to a 7-8 hour day of knocking doors. All the while, I try and keep myself busy by either shopping with friends or straightening the house.
Last week I spent more days then I'd feel comfortable admitting wandering around the mall, so today I knew I needed to do some serious cleaning. As I sat here at our rented, black, wooden table and scowled at the tower of dirty dishes in the sink; I was a bit discouraged to consider the long process that lay ahead of me. Scrubbing slimy plates that have sat slightly ignored for too many days, and attempting not to dry-heave (sorry to be so graphic) as gooey globs of garden salad slide down the garbage disposal, is not my idea of a good time. Long story short - I DESPISE doing dishes. Why don't we just rinse our bowls after slurping down cereal? Good question. But for reasons unknown, Nate and I just can't seem to keep on top of this specific household chore.
I was almost completely fed up with being the one who always succumbs to the soapy job. "Why can't Nate give me a break at least once?" I silently whined as I hot water seeped up the stainless steel sink. Just as I began to slide into self-pity, I snapped out just as quickly as I realized the contrast in my daily activities compared to Nate's.

Therefore the actual reason of this post - in good old fashioned David Letterman style,

THE TOP TEN REASONS
Why Nate is Great:
Part Deux-

10. As mentioned above, he spends the vast majority of his day knocking doors.

9. He doesn't complain about the continually unoriginal sack lunches I make him everyday.
(a PB&J or turkey and cheese sandwich, yogurt, small bag of chips, Oreos 100 calorie pack, and a Gatorade)

8. He has 6 shirts to choose from throughout the whole summer. (There are only 5 in the pic because he's wearing one. I DO know how to count)7. He has even fewer pairs of shorts to choose between.6. To him, accessorizing with a hat is best part of getting dressed. (He had all these specially made just to stand out a bit)5. He does all this work in extreme heat. Yesterday the temp hit a high of 101 degrees, not to mention humidity. WOW.

4. He cut his own hair in attempt to stay cool from the heat. 3. Instead of sexy smelling cologne, he gets to smell like a mixture of these:2. He RARELY complains. I honestly think I complain for him more often than not.

1. He does all of this so we will have more money and won't have to work as much during the school year.

So go ahead Nate, kick back with your Dr. Pepper and NBA Live '08 on the Playstation. I'll scrub the dishes anytime.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, like i said Nate's a punk :)

Anonymous said...

one awesome punk that is :)

The Buttars Family said...

Well I don't know if anything could stop me from complaining about doing the dishes (by the way, that was some nice visual writing you did!) But I would have to agree with you on the fact Nate is Great...but you know behind every great man is a great woman.
I'm glad to hear besides doing the dishes you are getting in some good Mall time...every girl deserves that! And hey, with how well Nate is doing I hope your not just mall walking, but how about a little mall shopping!!! Anyway, I'm glad you guys are doing well and we are excited about all the success you are having.

Traci said...

Hahahaha! Oh that is just awesome... I especially liked the pictures of his hats, shirts and of course the Gold Bond!
It's just awesome that we have husbands who leave dirty dishes in the sink but still work so hard for us! We'll definately be friends forerver!

Hayley said...

You'd think with all that extra time on your hands you would blog a little more.

Geez.

Glad you are doing okay though! :)

Kimi said...

Well sadly to say, I'm not the first to comment. I'm a little behind on my blog stocking. :) But I thoroughly enjoyed this post. You are a very good writer, no wonder I always wanted you to write my papers in high school! :) I don't envy Nate nor do I envy the work Jeff does every day. Thank heavens for hard working, dedicated husbands!! And good looking I might add. :) We'd be in a world of hurt if we were the ones they depended on for income! Although that will be me come August. Shoot!! Well good job on the post, I laughed at the pictures. You must have spent a lot of time conjuring up all the needed pics for the post... I can just see you now! hahaha :)

Kimi said...

Okay WOW... I added a lot of smiley faces in that last post... and exclamation marks. I really wasn't that excited writing that comment. I thought I'd clarify that before you made fun of me.

Ash said...

First... #4 I know an amazing hair dresser that would cut Nate's hair and cut and color Laci's hair for free! All you'd have to do is fly her there:)!

Second...(#3) I bet you smell delightful Nate!

Third... I have to know so that I can answer my dads newest "Nate's progress" question. Do you update that daily? If so, do you update it at night when he's done for the day, or in the morning before he leaves? I know, but Darrell's dying to know! He loves keeping track of Nate!!!!

Cody G said...

Laci, this is for you. If I can stash some cash and get Ash out of here I will!!!! She thinks that she needs a break, I need a break:) For real though, if we can round up some "extra" cash we will get her out there. I look forward to the challenge of 3 crazy kids and a full-time job. Single moms do it all the time right?
Just thought that I would put a little glimmer of hope into that request. Take care you guys. good luck on making the millions!

Ash said...

Yes, their birthdays are the 19th and 20th. You're not loosing your marbles after all!
What does she want or need? Good question. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Clothes are always nice. 24 months or 2T, any little toy. She'll love whatever. If I think of anything I'll let you know!

Marci said...

Laci I think you are hilarious!! I love reading your blog. Hope you don't mind me reading it all the time!!

Amanda said...

Laci- Hey I am glad you found me! I love to blog stalk...I would say its almost my favorite thing to do online. I am glad to see things are going well with you. Where are you guys living? I know you aren't in Utah...its not even CLOSE to 101 degrees! It doesn't even feel like summer yet. I am glad to keep in touch! You and your husband are so cute!

Sarah said...

Laci, seriously I love you. It's true isn't it? I am amazed at what the men have to go through. It drives me crazy when women think that we play such a passive role. We both have hard jobs to do, men just have it a bit harder.

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Hey Laci! No that didnt sound weird at all, no worries. We love our townhouse. They have a website you can look at, they have only 1 unit with 6 homes done so far. We were the very first ones to move in, so there will be a lot more being built. If you get involved now, you can pick your color, carpet etc... take a look at their website. If you want the lady's phone number that works in the model home I have it in my cell, we love her. She is so nice and would love to you show you the model home and answer any questions. Let me know if you would like her number, or if you want to come see our home any time- seriously I dont care. I just threw 2 showers in the past 2 weeks here so my house is semi clean... Here is a link to the website;
http://www.garbetthomes.com/springcreekcrossing/index.php
They have 114 total homes they are building in the next 5 years, its a way nice area. Anyways- now that I have written a novel... I will let you go, lol!

Rebekah said...

I feel the same way!!! I get so bugged about doing dishes then I think..."wait, this is all i have to do and then i can go to the pool all day!"... this is the life!:) And Doug always complains about the mosquitoes and it never crossed my mind to get bug spray until this post...so thanks!
~Rebekah