- or at least half of them. Hooray!
Before Navi turned 2 she started "knowing" when she was going to go potty. I thought, "Sweet! This will be easy to potty train her since she can already tell when she is going to go." WRONG. Have you met my daughter? The sass and stubbornness didn't fall far from the tree. (AKA me) My bad! Since the middle of the summer...ish...I slowly began to introduce panties and the idea of going on the potty to Navi. I bought awesome Ariel underwear, a Dora potty seat and really tried to emphasize how fun it was to use the potty. Did I fool her? Nope. She all but screamed bloody-murder when I even attempted to put on her on the toilet. And sometimes did. Months went by and finally I knew it was time to buckle down. (or if you're Craig Bolerjack, "buckle up") Thanks to a little advice from friend, (who BTW potty-trained 2 girlies) I was going to do it. Keyword = I. I came to realize I needed to get just as serious about the potty as Navi.
So,
I gathered a collection of miscellaneous dollar store toys and the ultimate prize [The Lion King] and made a pretty sweet sticker chart. (if I do say so myself) Getting the first couple rows completed was tough, I won't lie. But once the ball started rolling, Navi did great. Then just like all the stories you hear, one day it just clicked. We haven't looked back since!
The finished product:
(for some reason it flips in the uploading process and I can't figure out why!)
And the coveted prize:
Then we celebrated with cousins and her cute friend Alexa when she made it to "Lion Show". We had a Potty Party and watched the movie with popcorn and treats. (courtesy of Halloween)
Buying diapers for one has been nothing short of awesome. All hail the porcelain throne! ...or in this case a pink plastic Dora seat and a couple of Ikea mini potties. (upstairs and down)


1 comment:
Way to go Navi! You got me a little excited.... if that's even the right word to start with Tag. I'll definitely have to start by buying some carpet cleaner..... ha! I'll have to call for some tips too I'm sure!
Post a Comment