Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Wow.

It's almost been two months.

All I can say is school has pretty much sucked my free time dry.

As usual, I had a blog idea while I was falling asleep the other night, and of course I can't remember anything about it, except that I had a cool comparison of something in my life and "The Sound of Music". My days usually don't consist of dancing around on hilltops in clothes made from curtains, so I really have no idea what my comparison was. I guess it could have just been a dream...


Anyways...

Navi is growing like a weed and decided to take her first real steps (7) on Feb. 21, while Nate and I were away from her overnight for the first time. I almost started crying when I heard she did that. The little fart.

She is just over 10 months and those hesitant steps she's taking, will soon turn into walking any day now. I love watching her progression and all the things she can do, but it also blows my mind to think that 10 short months ago, she was a precious little newborn.

Some fun facts about our Navi baby (mostly for my journaling sake):

9 months - January 14, 2010

- 20 lbs. 4 0z. (80%) and 29 3/4 inches tall (95% and above)

- Loves eating any kind of baby food. She also loves rice cereal and baby oatmeal, peaches, pears, bananas, bagels, Gerber puffs, yogurt melts, cheerios, and her favorite - graham crackers.

- Still just has her 2 bottom teeth, but her top 2 are breaking through.

- She crawls all over and walks around the living room by holding on to the furniture.

- When someone says "no no" she shakes her head side to side.

- Claps her hands when she hears "yay" or "patty cake".

- LOVES Dora the Explorer and whenever she hears the first few notes of the opening song, she stops whatever she is doing and sways back and forward, or bounces to the music, smiles lots, and claps her hands.

10 months - February 14th, 2010

- Top middle 2 teeth are fully broken through and the 2 sides are breaking through.

- New foods she likes: cottage cheese, string cheese, olives, mashed potatoes, jello, and she LOVES goldfish crackers and go-gurts yogurt!

- Plays peek-a-b00 (even though she puts her hands on her cheeks instead of eyes) :), still loves patty cake and even "marks it with a N" (pointer finger to palm), and waves bye-bye.

- Walks all over with her lion walker and took her first steps by herself on Feb. 21 while Mom and Dad were gone for their anniversary.

- Says "Mama" and "Dada" and "uh oh" when she drops something.

- Loves carrying around her babies. You wouldn't think she could tell the difference, but she prefers one over the other. When one of her cousins takes the baby she throws a fit.

- Speaking of fits, she inherited the Wallentine "melt down" trait and is a professional pouter.

In other news:

Nate and I celebrated 4 YEARS on February 22.

The weather even broke tradition this year and the sun actually came out. First time since we got married. As part of our celebration, we were gift certificate fiends and used one that Nate's parents gave us for Christmas to stay here:


(Vegas Nights room is awesome) and then we used another gift card (they are VERY awesome gifters) and ate here:


YUM. I had been craving it for months. Oddly enough, it's the only Chinese I like. Weird.

Instead of a lovey-dovey paragraph of gooey-ness, I'll just post quite a few pictures of some of the good times we've had over the last 4 years. I sure do love my husband!










The best part of our 4 years by far!

7 comments:

Traci said...

Wow, walking! Crazy little girl! (or not so little!?) I can't believe how she's grown, and so fast! And happy anniversary again.... so much happens in 4 years!
Well we'll have to try our date again, and I have some questions for you the week of march 15ish ..... :)

Becki and Gibb and Sammi said...

So so cute Laci! I was guessing that it was the schooling that was keeping you away from the oh so important blogging! :) I can't believe all the stuff Navi says. Sammi will still only say ma ma and da da and she won't even wave.

Kimi said...

Ahhh what a cute post. I have been waiting for you to post something for a long time so thank you for finally getting your priorities straight. :) We still need to chat some more so assuming this baby doesn't come any time soon, I will be calling you. Did I tell you I am DONE with work! I can't even believe it. Anyway, this is turning into a novel. I will be calling you soon... so keep your phone in your hand. Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Jared and Sarah said...

YAY!! I like when you post and I over-laughed when you were talking about the Sound of Music...haha.

Anyway, Happy Anniversh!! 4 YEARS!! Whoa, that is crazy...doesn't seem like that long.

Navi sounds like she is getting so bigger. I can't believe she decided to take her first steps while you were gone...haha. Maybe one of these days when school is not dominating both of our lives we can hang out...

Andy and Mallory: said...

Hey, if you ever need a sitter for Navi, you're more than welcome to bring her to our house. I know what's it like to try and figure out what to do with your kids and that's stressful enough. Good luck with the school thing. I think it's great that you've gone back.

John and Anna said...

Navi's getting soooooo big! Wow, she's leaps and bounds ahead of Cache. I wonder if he'll ever catch up. And also congrats on the 4 years! You guys are an awesome couple!

Sarah said...

You are too cute. I love your mommy style! Navi is so lucky to have you. Harry, is now 11 months old and I am floored! No worries about the teeth Harry's two top teeth just barely broke through bringing it to a grand total of 4! I love reading your blog, it makes me smile.