Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mugs, Thugs, and Bugs

Mugs:

A couple weeks ago one of the guys in Nate's sales group was mugged while he was waiting to be picked at the end of the night. He was held at knife point while the muggers stole his wallet and phone. Don't worry though, during the ordeal they justified their actions by explaining, "You just don't get it man, this is what we have to do to survive."

Oh please. Scariest part of this story, at least for me, is this all took place just a couple streets over from where Nate was waiting...

Thugs:

So the other morning my friend Traci knocked on our door and hesitantly asked if we'd see our car; which is really my Dad's Tahoe that he so kindly let us borrow so we had more room to bring stuff out here. "Oh great." I thought. "We must have gotten a ticket for parking under the carport even though we're not supposed to." IF ONLY.

We went down stairs to find the car with the driver's side window shattered and smashed in. Glass was ALL OVER and of course our GPS, Nate's video iPod, and our iPod docking station thing that transfers the music from the iPod to the radio were all stolen. Lovely.

Let's just say we were more than slightly annoyed. Annoyed that we didn't hide our GPS better. Usually we take it off the window and store in the center compartment. The last few days we had just gotten a bit lazy I guess. It's one of those things you know you probably should do, but in the back of you're mind you're thinking, oh it'll be fine.
We were also annoyed because the apartment complex has two gated entrances that you need a keyless remote to open. But of course, one of them has been broken for the last week. Not to say it's the apartment manager's fault, but we couldn't help but think if the gate would have been working it might not have happened.
We were annoyed at the thug(s) who did it because he had obviously scoped out our car and knew what he was going for. This creeped me out big time. How long had he been "watching"? However, in his hasty filching, he left my iPod, both of our sunglasses which aren't worth hundreds, but they're nice(!) and also some cash that was blatantly sitting out in the middle of the center console. Weird!
It was even more annoying that we had to waste a whole day going to get the window fixed. A day Nate could have spent selling.

In the end, as bad as it was, I guess it could have been worse. No other damage was done to the car and really we only are out about 200 bucks; seeing as how Nate had won the iPod in a company competition. Well ok, and the money it cost to repair the window, but not too bad.
The most annoying part is the stupid thug did the exact same thing to one of the Apx technician's car too. It's like they knew that anyone with Utah liscense plates would have a GPS. Who the heck knows why they need so many GPSes because obviously they know where to GO to take advantage of all the poor Utahns.

We had some pictures, but they were on my phone before I got a new one, and I forgot to switch them over. It's probably a good thing though. Otherwise I would probably get angry again everytime I looked at them.

Bugs:

Or should I say cute as a bug! Here are some recent pictures of Navi baby.



After church on Sunday


She finally enjoys bath time.

She's always liked things by/touching her face and often falls asleep with her hands over her face, but this was a new one.

Some tummy time

And this is just a random photo from a day we went to Ft. Worth.

Gotta love cowboys. Just in case you're having a slow day....ConGRADulations. (conGRATulations)

6 comments:

Bekka Wallentine said...

the one with the blanket makes me laugh. what an adorable little baby you have. :) haha only a month till you come home!

Bobbie said...

My goodness you guys are having quite the summer. Navi is ADORABLE, I can't believe how much she is growing. Cute cute cute!! I can't wait for you to get home so I can really see her and you.

Traci said...

Haha, this made me laugh, not so much because it's funny, but funny cause it's so crazy and scary! Then of course little Navi, as cute as ever.... really she's gotten so big! Glad I'm lucky enough to see her so often, maybe it'll fill my wanting of a girl void :)
Also cute pic of your family below, crazy to think at that time Navi was just the size of ..... a smartie!
See you tomorrow! Ha!

Kathleen said...

oh my gosh, laci! that sucks. thankfully you have a gorgeous baby to make you feel better. i wouldn't beat yourself up over hiding the gps, i am SURE they would have searched the car for it. and who hasn't left it in the window at some point in time?

Andy and Mallory: said...

I want your daughter's wardrobe for myself! She is so cute. I can't stand people that can't work honestly and it's always the good people that get screwed. P.S. Michelle wants to be invited to your blog. Her email is
shelby12345@msn.com. Glad to see you're doing well. Navi is still gorgeous!

John and Anna said...

Um... So I'm pretty sure I would have been more than annoyed! Oh My Gosh! How Rude of those "Thugs"! And yeah, I'd be a bit creeped out too! But way to end the post positively with your little sweetie! She's so stinking cute! We miss you guys but can't wait for fall hanging out! :)