Sunday, March 8, 2009

It Won't Be Like This For Long

I've always had a thing for Hootie. Hootie and the Blowfish that is. Due in large fact that my mom loved the band, and whenever I hear a certain couple songs I'm taken back to some good memories with her. So when Hootie came roaring back in the country music scene, I was thrilled! (Even though he now goes by his "serious" real name Darius Rucker, he'll always be Hootie to me!)

A few weeks back when this song came on the radio, I was pretty much in love. Not only because I love his soft raspy voice but mainly because of the story in the song. It also made me realize that even though we've been anticipating the arrival of our baby and getting so excited for her to finally be here, we should enjoy these last few weeks of "alone time" so to speak. I don't doubt we'll love the parenting roles but these next four weeks will also be our last as just Nate and Laci.

Before we know it, we'll have the baby and we'll be looking back wishing she was still a newborn, or then still a toddler, and so on. This is why I loved the Hootie song even more. So as for now, I'm just enjoying the present.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

laci, i am so excited for you. my little boy just turned 3 today. i can't believe that i am old enough to have a 3 year old. you will have to let me know when you have you baby. let me know if there is anything that i can do for you. CONGRATS!!!

Bobbie said...

Boy is that ever true! I LOVE that song too. I am realizing more and more the older I get how fast time really does fly by! My baby girl is almost 2!! Not so much a baby anymore... any now I have another one :). I am excited for Baby Buttars to get here though, we should try to go to lunch or something before she comes 'cause I know you won't have time after.

Kimi said...

Laci Lou.. Hello. I just wanted to tell you that I can't wait until you have little baby Buttars in the fam. I have a gift for you but I am going to send it home with my parents when they come out to visit in April. I hope that's okay. Plus I'm not quite done with it. :) Ps. I love that song.

Andy and Mallory: said...

I agree! Especially cherish the times when you can change her diaper a not have to chase her all over the house first. We can't wait to see that gorgeous baby!!

mare said...

wow-- it's been awhile. blogger doesn't update me on the 'private's and so i forget to come check. you look so great lace! (surprise) and i am super jealous of all those diapers. i love both of those names--have you guys made a decision yet? i love love navi though. only under a month to go!! hooray. i'm so excited for you i can barely stand it.`