Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yes People...We're Still Alive

So why such a blogging drought?

I guess you could blame it on lack of wireless internet access, lack of excitement in our lives, or just pure lack of motivation on my part.
But seeing as how my last post was over a month ago (holy cow!!) I've been feeling a little pressure to update. I won't mention any names.
We've been home from Virginia for more than two months and after over-staying our welcome in my Dad's basement, we finally found a different basement to invade. Ok, it's actually a small apartment in Smithfield, but what can I say - I guess we're bound to be basement dwellers. We just unpacked our last box and we're slowly settling back into a routine.
So, without boring you too much, I'll attempt to catch up on our lives. (Kysha, if you read this I'm admitting to copying your style right now. I liked how it was to the point)

Nate has been:
- very busy with school (because he graduates this spring, a few of his classes are very demanding, and the rest are so undemanding (is that a word??) that he feels attendance isn't quite necessary a lot of the time)

- job hunting. for something part time that would work with his class schedule. he actually found a promising marketing company that is just getting it's start in Cache Valley and will hopefully start sometime next week (hooray! a job that deals with all this school we've been paying for).

- getting over a weird 24 hour flu/2 week cold.

- catching up on his college football dynasties (or whatever they're called) on the Playstation. In his words, "The Aggies may suck in real life, but I'm determined to make them good on here."

- and being very accommodating in the meal preparation area when almost any smell would make me gag.

Laci has been:
- cherishing the days I don't wake up nauseous. (I'm actually feeling 100% better lately, as long as I eat every 4 or so hours)

- enjoying the semester off school! I'll go back...someday.

-
anticipating the start of the Jazz's new season. (just so I can watch Kyle Korver again!)

- keeping busy at work in the special needs/speech/behavioral preschool. Kids REALLY DO say the darndest things. Side note-funny story:
The other day it was my turn to take the kids to their bathroom break. When I went to help one little boy with his zipper after he'd done his business, I was shocked to see he wasn't wearing any underwear. "Uh...Gavin, what happened to your underwear???" I asked trying not to sound too alarmed. "Oh, (sigh) my mom didn't have any for me," he started, (moms usually get blamed for anything and everything, and most times -like in this case- you can tell the kids are trying to blame mom for a mistake on their part) "and I'm such a big boy now I didn't think I needed to wear any today." He said matter-of-factly. "Oh, well even big boys wear underwear ALL the time." I emphasized. Thankfully he's been wearing it since!

Baby has been:
- growing and growing! and is almost 17 weeks old.

- growing so much in fact that only one of my pairs of pants now fits. (I've just recently tried some maternity pants (heaven) but still don't feel big enough to wear them too often.)

- accumulating furniture to be painted, and even a cute new diaper bag! (the first thing I've dared to buy before we find out what it is)

- preparing to be identified as male or female on November 3rd!!

And in other family news:
- My sister Bekka finished her varsity tennis season as a junior playing 2nd doubles. She and her partner went undefeated in region play and went on to place 2nd at state!! Way to go Booie!

-Elder Cade completed his two months in the MTC and arrived in Vina del Mar, Chile 2 weeks ago. For all the extended family out there (or anyone interested) - I'm starting a blog to share Cade's emails, pictures, etc. As of right now it's just a website but check back and I promise I will try and update it regularly. eldertcwinchile.blogspot.com

- Allie, my littlest sis, is enjoying her 5th grade year so far and especially playing softball at recess. She informed us the other day that she hopes our baby is a boy so she can "teach it to play catch".

- Dad has been missing his #1 farmhand and dare I say realizing how much he took Cade for granted. Nate, however, has volunteered to "cowboy up" and is excited for winter so he can learn how to feed the cows. It might be a long 2 years :)

Hopefully that wasn't an overload of boring information! Now that we're moved in and settled I'll have to dig out my camera charger so I can be ready to take Halloween pics to post. It won't be another month, I promise. So until then...

As Cade says when he finishes his letters-
"Paz!"
Spanish to English translation = "Peace"

9 comments:

John and Anna said...

Laci
I've been waiting for a post from you.
And also, you should be able to get on our blog now. It's not private anymore. I realized that I wasn't important enough to have anything too personal on my blog that I didn't want anyone to see.
Good to get an update from ya!

Chase and Nahomi said...

oh I'm glad to hear things are going good for you guys and high five for the apt (or should I say basement apt..) in smithfield! I think I heard it's in ken's basement?? and good to hear your feeling better!

Ash said...

Yeah for an update. I was starting to worry about you. It's not like you to go longer than me without posting.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your baby GIRL in a couple weeks. Then I can really start shopping for her!!!!

As far as Nate "cowboying up". I can't wait to see that!

Your baby IS growing, and it's not fair that you didn't have to go through the questionable stage... "pregnant or chubby?" You have a cute little baby bump, and it will only get cuter!!!

crystal said...

Did I not tell you about the slimfast trick to stave off nausea??? Darla taught it to me. When I'm pregnant I am SO sick for the 1st 16 weeks, but it's not so bad if you don't have an empty stomach. So I'd sip slimfast. Vanilla. Chocolate is NASTY to barf back up. Try it, seriously.

I am impressed w/ the mission blog! Can't wait to visit.

I also can't wait to buy you baby gifts :)

Traci said...

Laci, glad to see your back, and I do feel ya with the uninteresting-ness of everything lately... but it is nice to here you guys are doing well. Good job.
Hopefully we'll be able to do something one of these days and I have to say that's pretty cute about Allie wanting to teach your boy how to catch, also about the kid not wearing underwear.... hahah!

The Reese Family said...

it was good seeing you last night too. I am glad you are feeling better!! Saltines and graham crackers saved me and still do :). Also my precious mountain dew does too haha. Stacy is having a little boy, it will be fun. When it comes to my shirts I don't own a SINGLE maternity shirt and never have. I just buy shirts that are long and stretchy as is...its the style. Head over heels and like Ross is where I get a lot of them. The one that I have on in the pic is actually from good ol' Wal*Mart :). I only own one pair of maternity pants, the rest I just buy big. I had a hard time with maternity pants cause I couldn't find any I liked...well enough of me talking and this novel of a comment:) I will see ya saturday!! YAHOO!

Kathleen said...

laci!! i want to see your belly. do bellies show yet? did that creep you out?? i bet you are a tiny little preggo thing! congrats again!

i am so jealous that you aren't in school this semester! i need a break!

the bouncing fetus on the side of your blog is pretty adorable. i want to get pregnant for the sole purpose of having one on mine. maybe i should just get one?

glad you guys are doing well! is APX in the future once baby buttars arrives?

Misty said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better!!

Diesta said...

I am waiting to hear what baby is !!!!! love cades blog...great idea. I would also like to see a pregnant pic of yourself ..... I know it is the last thing you want to do right now is take a pic of yourself but later in life you will wish you had. hope all is well.