Virginia is pretty sweet! (and very warm) Just thought I'd document our very long road trip:

When we were still sane - before thirty plus hours in the car.

After we had to take a very long detour because the Wyoming freeway was closed. Not cool.

Just a few of the
hundreds we saw.

Yes, the rumors are true. Kansas is flat.

Eating lunch in Kansas with the Allens, our travel buddies.


Yes. I got pulled over. Stupid Kansas. Who drives 60 on the freeway?? Luckily the guy was pretty nice and just gave me a warning.

I tried and tried to take a cool picture of all the cows and barns for my Dad, but I was always to slow.

A sunset pic with the Allens in tow.

Saying goodbye to our ghetto motel.

Apparently Santa lives in Missouri, not the North Pole.

I love Kentucky! That is where we lived last summer. This is right before my camera died, so from there to Virginia got left out.
14 comments:
Wow-- that sounds like a long road trip Lace! Right now that almost kills me to imagine driving that with a baby. I loved the picture play by play though-- I can't figure out how to load my pics in order-- (oh, I'm kindof dumb..)
Have fun in Virginia! I've always wanted to go there.
I'm glad you made it there safely. Kyle and Tami were here watching the Jazz game the night you left and told us all about the freeway and lovely weather. (they were being worried parents.)
Have fun, and give Dani hugs from me.
and give yourself some too.
I just left you the longest comment, and now it's lost. I'll wait to see if it shows up, otherwise I'll be a smart ass later!
Peace!
Ok..so the first time I read your post, I thought you had wrote that you were having lunch with the Aliens, your travel buddies...so I tried to find aliens in the pictures and when I couldn't find any aliens in your pics, I reread it and figured our you wrote you had lunch with the Allens. Anyway, I felt pretty stupid, but thought it was kind of funny.
Bran will love to hear all about your run in with the police when you get back. Hopefully, that will be your only run in with them!
Ok, so my comment is officially lost! Anyway, sounds like a fun road trip, but not near as exciting as last year. I was hoping for some Wizard of Oz pictures through Nebraska!
If you get to bored or lonely my blog would love a BRIGHT, FUN, SUMMERY update! You can teach me or surprise me:)!
I hope you're having fun in the warm sun! Good luck selling Nate!
Yay--you're safe & sound! My parents stopped in Santa Claus w/ Sky & Heidi as they moved them last summer from Virginia to Idaho! Funny! Have a great adventure & POST ALL ABOUT IT throughout the summer.
Cute makeovers!! I sure like my new look. Yours is fun too! THANKS!
Looked like you guys enjoyed eachother:) I hate driving long distances!!!! Looked like you had a good time though. Have fun on your new adventure!!
That's great you finally made it:) I'm glad you gave Shanna your email so I could add you, thanks! By the way, I LOVE that pictue of you and nate at the top of your blog and the set up. It's so cute!
You guys look like you had so much fun! I like you background too, you need to let me know where you get yours. I get mine at cutestblogontheblock.com
Hey guys, good luck in Virginia. We're going to miss seeing you so blog a lot. Are you coming back to the school in the fall? We hope so!!!
Love the new header! Is that easy to do? I need to do something like that!
Glad you made it safe and sound. Looks like a memorable road-trip!
Post a Comment